How do you increase the size of lost+found?

Brad Waite freebsd at wcubed.net
Tue Apr 13 14:13:30 PDT 2004

While trying to recover from a HD crash, 'fsck -y /dev/rad1s1a' reports
the following error a number of times at the end of it's run:

UNREF FILE  I=3537799  OWNER=500 MODE=100644
SIZE=6611 MTIME=Oct 25 21:12 2003
RECONNECT? yes

SORRY. NO SPACE IN lost+found DIRECTORY

This tells me that it's not saving some of the files on the drive.  Is
that correct?

Is there anything I can do to make more space in lost+found, either
system-wide or while the fsck is running?

Some possibly pertinent info:

# ls -lad lost+found
drwxrwxrwt  1379 root  wheel  182272 Apr 12 16:55 lost+found
# ls lost+found | wc -l
     8899

This fs was copied from a drive reporting "hard errors reading fsbn..."
using dd.

Thanks,

Brad Waite