MS Excel/Word compatible ports?

Joshua Lokken joshua at twobirds.us
Tue Apr 13 08:53:01 PDT 2004

* Conrad Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> [2004-04-13 06:41]:
> I know, I know, I could probably find the answer to this question myself, but I
> thought I'd save myself the time and trouble.  :-)

Looks like someone already pointed out the flaw in that logic ;)

> Does anyone know of any ports in the ports collection that can read/write/edit
> MS Excel/Word files?  I need this for a project I've been assigned at work.

I didn't see it mentioned yet, but AbiWord2 handles .docs.  It is
considerably smaller (everything's considerably smaller) than OO, but
doesn't include the full suite, just Word.

/usr/ports/editors/AbiWord2

HTH,

--
Joshua

Earth -- mother of the most beautiful women in the universe.
		-- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1