installed freebsd on ibm thinkpad a21e

anubis anubis357 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 12 00:09:52 PDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 2:51 pm, Joe Shmoe wrote:
> After i installed freebsd on my machine it would no longer boot. I
> found out after about the critical error and all the posts about
> freebsd not working on a2 thinkpads. If i hit f1 or f12 it gives me
> the loading screen and nothing happens and boot diskettes i put in
> my floppy drive dont load prolly cause the os wont boot. How can i
> get rid of freebsd if the os wont boot and the screen doesnt get
> past the big ibm with the f1 and f12 at the bottom.Ive already
> tried putting in the cd for the fix cd-cvs and boot loader
> downloads you have on the site they didnt get recognized or prolly
> couldnt run cause the machine wouldnt boot. Im stumped on this one
> and havent gotten much help from forums so figured id directly
> email u. Id appreciate(and desperately need) your help.

If the machine doesnt boot from the boot floppies and doesnt boot off
the recovery cd it is not the fault of freebsd.
Have you told the machine to boot off the floppy/cd first and not the
hard drive?
There will be a setting in the bios that allows you to select which
one to boot from.

Try the ibm button, f1, f12 or <enter> while booting to get the menu.