vr0 crashes my box

Jose M. Lima Jose.lima at charter.net
Sun Apr 11 10:40:07 PDT 2004

Hi,
My freebsd 5.2.1-release-p4 box crashes when moving large files across
the network. (400MB)

vr0: <VIA VT6102 Rhine II 10/100BaseTX> port 0xd800-0xd8ff mem
0xdffffe00-0xdffffeff irq 11 at device 18.0 on pci0 (integraded on
Averatec 3250HW laptop)

my screen scrambles and the entire system freezes. I tryed to ssh from
another workstation and i was not able to.

I used a Linksys etherfast 10/100 PCMCIA card and i was able to transfer
all the files i needed with out any problems. how ever, this card runs
very slow. the link state is 100baseTX full-duplex.

has any one encountered this same problem,
any suggestions would be greatly appricated!

Br,

Jose Lima