Can't *write* to a hard disk, not even a slice using fdisk(8).

Joan Picanyol i Puig lists-gmane at biaix.org
Sun Apr 11 04:03:27 PDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:31:22 +0200, Julien Gabel wrote:

>> GEOM doesn't let you write to an active device, except if you set
>> kern.geom.debugflags=16
>
> Ok no problem, I changed it this way :
>  # sysctl kern.geom.debugflags=16
>  kern.geom.debugflags: 1 -> 16
>
> But it seems to change *absolutly nothing*... :(

Mmmhh... We're doing something wrong here I guess :o Are you 100% sure
that ad10 is not used by any open geom modules? What does dmesg say about
ar*?

After reading man geom (see the fine print under SPOILING), maybe you
should take this up on current@, pointing to this thread and posting the
following information (better in single user mode, if you have a console):

0. dmesg
1. your RAID array configuration
2. your currently mounted partitions
3. the output of the fdisk command