Complete system restore software for FreeBSD?

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Fri Apr 9 07:57:55 PDT 2004

Has the Mondo method made it to the official Freebsd port system
yet?
How about an status update?

Thanks.

> > I have used the Mondo Rescue backup and restore system before
> >  with my Linux machines with great success.  What Mondo allows
> > one to do is a complete system backup and restore from a
bootable
> > CD, meaning a system can survive a harddrive failure without a
> > whole lot of fiddling around in reconfiguring software and such.
> > What I'm wondering is, is there similar software available for
> > FreeBSD (preferably free)?
> >
> > For reference, more info on Mondo Rescue can be found here:
> >
> > http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/
> From the above pages:
>
> FreeBSD users - Joshua Oreman has ported Mondo to FreeBSD. Click
> download his Mondo[1] and Mindi[2] packages. They are standard
tarballs,
> so just use tar xzf and gmake && gmake install to build them. We
need
> testers. The FreeBSD port is a work-in-progress, not a stable
product
> (yet). We'll keep you posted.

Note that the FreeBSD support is still "beta", in a sense. It has
not been
tested extensively on 4.x, so please send any problems (with
logfiles! -
read the Mondo support page) to me. Better yet, subscribe to the
mondo-devel
mailing list & send them there.

Thanks!
-- Josh