How best to reply to list (Was Re: startssl at boot time)

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Thu Apr 8 10:57:20 PDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 06:45:23PM +0100, Eric Penfold wrote:
> Joshua Lokken wrote:
>
> > * Eric Penfold <eric at epetech.plus.com> [2004-04-08 04:50]:
> >
> >> (side note, I'm a lurker, not a subscriber, so this response will
> probably break threading. If anyone has suggestions on how best to reply,
> without needing to subscribe and be swamped by email, I'd be grateful).
> >

> > You could subscribe to the list and choose to have it delivered to you
> > daily as a digest; then you'd have all of the list posts, and only
> > receive one mail (or so) per day.
>
> Yes, I'm aware of that possibility, but it doesnt help with the fundamental
> problem of being able to reply to specific posts (without breaking
> threading etc).

Once or twice when I have wanted to reply to a mail on a list that I am
not subscribed to, I have downloaded the raw e-mail in question from the
list-archives, placed it in my mailbox and then replied to it just as
if I had received it normally.
It is a bit of work, but it works fine.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>