startssl at boot time

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 03:45:20 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 04:58:24PM -0600, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
> THANKS but i already have that line in my rc.conf file and the log
> entries that i have submitted to this list are not from a reboot but
> rather apachectl stop and start or startssl.  So when i run a startssl i
> get the randomness i need however when i just use apachectl start which
> is 99.9% the same command it does not.  honestly i am stumped hope you
> have some more wisdom to share.  There is also the line about ssl cache
> i have do some googleing but have not been able to come up with anything
> that helps.

That's most odd.  As you say, the apache2.sh script essentially just
runs 'apachectl start' for you.  Or, at least, that's what it's meant
to do.  There must be something different about what it is doing.
Hmmm... Can you show us the output from:

    # sh -x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache2.sh start

(make sure apache is not running before you type that)

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way