Linksys EG1032 gigabit card

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed Apr 7 20:39:28 PDT 2004

Hi

According to the HW list in the handbook, the Linksys EG1032 gigabit
card uses a National Semiconductor chip and is supported with the "nge"
driver.  (4.9-STABLE or -RELEASE).  I put one in my server and it is
not recognized (and I did add device nge to my kernel).  My gentoo
Linux java compute server also does not recognize the card.    It is
not found at all in the boot probes.

I am beginning to think that Linksys has changed the chipset on the
card but did not change the model number (I have seen this from Netgear
in the past).

Does anyone have experience with this card or have any idea?

Thanks
Chad