Kernel panic when machine runs for a few hours

Jorn Argelo jorn at wcborstel.nl
Mon Apr 5 12:44:25 PDT 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 20:37, you wrote:

[snip]

> Can you remember when the panics started, e.g. after a specific OS
> update?

Hmm, well, I guess it started a week or two-three ago. I can't recall doing
anything unusual either. I didn't recompile my kernel after the first
install, nor did I really installed something funny from the ports-tree.

> IMO the best thing to do is to build a debugging kernel and see, if you can
> get a backtrace of the crash:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kernel
>debug.html
>
> Once you have it, send it to the current at freebsd.org list, together with
> a description of the problem.
>
> Simon

Thanks for the help Simon, I'll send up a message to the -current folks once
my machine crashes again.

Cheers,

Jorn