problem with shh

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sat Sep 27 17:05:47 PDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 05:09:55PM +0300, Kristjan wrote:
> HI!
>
> I forgot to put in ssh conf that you can login as root.
> And i didnt make any users.
> What could i do ?
>
> The server is far far away from me. Please help. There sure has to be some kind of a bug or exploit :/
> FBSD 4.8

The OpenBSD team is fairly accurate about this. So there's not much
change of this. There was a Security Advosory for SSH but there isn't
much change you could use this.

You best changes in fixing this would be:
1. Go back
2. Ask someone else to fix it for you. If you didn't change the console
from secure to insecure he could gain acces by booting directly in to
single use mode. He could then add a user in and put this in to the
wheel group. This would be a fix. If you did change the console mode
you would have to compromise the password.

--
Alex

Articles based on solutions that I use:
http://www.kruijff.org/alex/index.php?dir=docs/FreeBSD/