iso-8x16 and mc

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sat Sep 27 07:19:15 PDT 2003

I know I can set "keymap=us.iso" and "font8x16=iso-8x16" in /etc/rc.conf
and have accented letters. Nice. As a European I kind of need this.
However, doing so, I loose a nice directory screen in Midnight
Commander. The 'lines' are gone. Yeah I know I can run mc w/ the -a
option to disable the graphic chars, but I was wandering: is it not
possible to change some kind of compile option in mc to have graphic
chars AND the iso-8x16 font?

Or is the only way to accomplish this a hack of the keymaps file?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.8 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)