Security patches and -p#

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Sep 26 09:28:09 PDT 2003

Hey,

I'm a bit confused, and it may just be a typo.

I recently updated a bunch of servers to patch the arp problem recently
announced:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-03%3A14.arp.asc

Now, with the chaos in my life, plus getting physically ill during the last
few days, I've not been 100% sure I finished the upgrade on all these machines,
so I went around checking uname -a to make sure.

Every single machine I upgraded says 4.8-RELEASE-p5

Now, the security advisory claims the problem is fixed in 4.8-RELEASE-p10.

I know that I completely updated at least _some_ of these machines ;)

Anyway.  Is there a typo somewhere?  Or am I misunderstanding the
bulliten?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies