Why mplayer in FreeBSD 5.1 behave not so good as Debian in my computer?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Fri Sep 26 04:48:58 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 04:11:55PM +0800, zch wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed mplayer through cvsup while the error message, "your system is too SLOW to play this",always jump out. I had  recompiled mplayer with "without-runtime-computercheck", but the eror is still as before. While mplayer in Debian is well. And the two system audios are all oss drivered. Could anybody give some suggestion? Thanks!

1) Please wrap your lines at 70 characters so your emails may be easily read

2) I think this error message is spurious - I get it a lot on machines
that are definitely not too slow to play the video (mplayer does not
use 100% CPU), and indeed there are no problems with playback speed or
quality.

Kris