Got 4.8-REL installed... Now what?

Timothy Luoma freebsd at tntluoma.com
Tue Sep 23 15:13:49 PDT 2003

I installed 4.8-Release on my machine, and got the dual boot working with
WinXP thanks to GAG[1]

So now I have this shiny new OS sitting there, and I can login, but I
haven't a clue where to begin.  I don't know the diff. between KDE and
GNOME or how they relate to Blackbox or Afterstep or any of the others
window managers. (I do have an X11 config file for my computer[2]).

So does how do Average Newbie Desktop User figure out where to go from
here?

TjL

[1] http://gag.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://tntluoma.com/freebsd/i7500/xconfig.txt

--
Running 4.8-RELEASE on a Dell Inspiron 7500 Laptop
Dual Boot Windows XP using GAG