Requesting replacement CD

Josef Grosch jgrosch at mooseriver.com
Tue Sep 16 20:57:55 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:32:41PM -0400, Earl wrote:
> Hello everyone at FreeBSD!
>
> A few months ago I was finally ready to install FreeBSD into my "new"
> Dell Optiplex GX300 I bought used from my place of work!  Suddenly I
> decided it was too late in the night to begin the install so I pushed
> the button to open the CD drawer and quickly removed the CD to "low and
> behold" strike the CD on a corner of the speaker that was right in front
> of the CD drawer, putting a long gash right across the bottom side of
> the CD.  I had purchased this software from Comp USA over a year and a
> half ago and obviously they don't sell this version anymore but would
> like a replacement copy of the CD to go with the same version of CD's
> no. 2 thru 4 and book "The Complete FreeBSD by Greg Lehey 3rd edition
> published by Walnut Creek CDROM c 1996, 1997, 1999".
>
> I would like to request another copy of this CD no. 1 described as:

Go to www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html
and click on any of the links labeled ftp like so

    ftp://ftp6.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/

then click on the links so you end up at

     ftp://ftp6.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/4.8

There you will find ISO images for disk 1 and 2 of FreeBSD 4.8. Burn these
to a CD and you are set!

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 5.1
jgrosch at MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | Berkeley, Ca.