Trying to secure PostgreSQL

alexander v p alex at big-blue.net
Fri Sep 12 17:10:22 PDT 2003

story short:
su -l postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -o -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -s &"
in the /etc/rc.local and it will start postgres w/o asking for
password. now, be carefull and read ( man postmaster) about switches.
if you need more help, please let us know. if it works let us know also
:-). i'll go to dig up some more info about config files in /data.
$0.02
alex