ppp -auto dials immediately? (already tried the usual things)

Philip Hallstrom philip at adhesivemedia.com
Fri Sep 12 15:29:42 PDT 2003

Hi -
	I'm setting up ppp for the first time and it works with one
exception.  It always dials immediately.  I've done the usual things and
stopped all the processes, etc...  What's weird is that logging seems to
indicate that this is causing it:

tun0: TCP/IP: OUT <0>: fe80::230:1bff:feae:22e7 ---> ff02::1:ffae:22e7 (72)

which looks like ipv6 which I'm *not* using... which makes me, well, very
confused.

The entire log snippet (about 4k) is at the url below.

http://www.adhesivemedia.com/~philip/ppp.log

Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing it to dialup?

thanks -philip