Bootable CD Problems

Dan Harrison macman20001 at mac.com
Tue Sep 9 07:00:21 PDT 2003

>  Well it depends on how you've done the bootable CD.
>  I havent played with one since about 4.6.2, but I believe someone
>portedthe LIVECD-1.2 to english from > > > > portugues which would
>have made things easier. The MFSROOT is specified in the kernel you
>put on the CD, > > so it depends what you have it set as, and how
>you've stored your information on the CD.
>
>  I always had problems trying to compile the MFSROOT into the kernel itself
>  so hacked it around by loading the file system in through the boot loader
>  instead.

That's interesting. Do you remember how you did it?

>  So depends how you've built it, and what/where its failing.

I can't really tell; that's the problem. As I said before, it says
"Mount root file system from cd9660:acd0" and then hangs without any
more messages. I read the things another guy posted which apparently
is evidence for a buffer overrun or something like that, but I'm not
sure.

>  Id recommend just grabbing the LiveCD stuff Fugspbr made. It worked fairly
>  simply for me, though track down the english version, as I know there is one
>  around somewhere. http://www.fugspbr.org is the original Brasilians that made
>  a liveCD building script.

I went to the site, and they sent me to their archives. I found a
link to sourceforge, but I can't read any of it. Are you sure there
is an English version anymore?

Anyway, I would like to know how you loaded the filesystem in through
the boot loader if you could tell me; this may be a solution for me.
--
Signed,
Dan Harrison