HP2000C foomatic+hpijs output problems

gte990t at mail.gatech.edu gte990t at mail.gatech.edu
Sun Sep 7 10:12:36 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm having some odd output problems with my HP2000C using the
cups/foomatic+hpijs drivers.  The printer will print, but the output is always
distorted--it's magnified several times larger than it should be and stretched
horizontally.  The same printer works fine using the standard cups new DeskJet
driver as well as cups+gimp-print.

Here's how I setup the printer with foomatic and hpijs:

installed foomatic-db port

installed hpijs port

downloaded foomatic-rip and foomatic-gswrapper from LinuxPrinting.org into
/usr/local/bin and chmod'ed to 755

symlinked foomatic-rip into /usr/local/libexec/cups/filter

downloaded HP-2000C-hpijs.ppd from LinuxPrinting.org, gzipped and placed in
/usr/local/share/ppd/HP

symlinked /usr/local/share/ppd/HP into /usr/local/share/cups/model

went through the usual steps to install the printer in CUPS

Is there anything I'm missing?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason Harmening