Replacing an exchange 2000 server?

Thu Sep 4 14:15:15 PDT 2003

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Fernando Gleiser wrote:

> I need to replace an Exchange 2000 server. I am thinking in
> sendmail/cyrus IMAP/squirrel for the mail part, but I don't know what
> I can use for the calendar/scheduller/address book?

Hi Fernando,

	Its not free however if you don't mind spending a bit of money you
might want to consider Desknow. While it is browser based, it provides
message boards, calendars, Instant Messaging, Web Mail, Spam Filtering,
document and folder sharing (public, private and web based) and more.
There's a good solid built in help system and it even does virtual
domains. Additionally it can be accessed via Palm devices and PDAs. We've
been running it here for about 6 months now and we haven't had as much as
a lick of a problem.

	http://www.desknow.com/

	And no, we're not associated with the outfit behind it in any way.
We're just bought a license, installed it, and have been happy ever
since.

	Best Regards,

	Brent

	Brent Sims, Customer Satisfaction Manager
	WebOkay Internet Services, LLC
	http://www.webokay.net/
	Phone (719) 595-1427