pkg_add -r through Proxy/Firewall?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 02:14:53 PDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 09:45:49AM +0200, a at jenisch.at wrote:

> Sitting behind a firewall that doesn't allow direkt ftp (neither
> active nor passive) I'm looking for a way to fetch packages
> (i.e. "pkg_add -r") from the Internet. What's possible though is doing
> http or ftp through a proxy server.
>
> So, how do I instruct pkg_add to download packages either via ftp or
> http through a proxy?

Set FTP_PROXY in your environment to the URL giving the scheme,
hostname and port number of your proxy.  eg:

    % setenv FTP_PROXY ftp://ftp-proxy.example.com:3128/

Depending on your precise setup, you might need to use FTP_LOGIN,
FTP_PASSWORD and FTP_PASSIVE_MODE as well.  See the fetch(3) man page
for details.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way