hotkey/menu to start Eterm

Rommel B. Ikeda r_ikeda at oisca.org
Wed Sep 3 02:00:43 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have been trying to configure my system that it can read/write Japanese
Characters...

The I stumbled on this address http://www.redundancy.org/fbsd_japanese.html

I have already installed the following ports as written in the site:
/usr/ports/japanese/Canna
/usr/ports/japanese/Eterm
/usr/ports/japanese/kinput2-canna
/usr/ports/japanese/alias-fonts
/usr/ports/japanese/nvi-euc-jp
/usr/ports/japanese/w3m
/usr/ports/japanese/xyaku

I have already Move /usr/local/etc/rc.d/canna.sh.sample to canna.sh.

Put "kinput2 &" and "xyaku &" into  .xsession file.

Edit the "Files" section of XF86Config.  Insert the following line:

	FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local/"

BUT I DO NOT WHAT IS THE MEANING OF FOLLOWING:
- Change your hotkey/menu item to start Eterm to the following:

	XMODIFIERS='@im=kinput2' LANG=ja_JP.EUC LANGUAGE=en_US Eterm

Can anyone give me idea on what this means...

Thank You,

Rommel Ikeda