sound in a MPU-401

Martin Paredes mapsware at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Oct 30 22:49:52 PST 2003

On Monday 27 October 2003 08:45, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Martin Paredes <mapsware at prodigy.net.mx> writes:
> > how can i enable a multifuncion card Basking Combo from Shark
> > Multimedia wich is compatible with a MPU-401.
>
> What happened when you tried the usual method?

Hi Lowell:

Thanks for answering, I build a new kernel (from GENERIC) adding "device pcm"
and all indications in file:/usr/share/doc/handbook/sound-setup.html

dmesg give me the next line

pcm0: <AD1816> at port 0x220-0x22f,0x388-0x38b,0x100-0x10f irq 5 drq 1,0 on
isa0

but the speakers make an agud sound from the boot (I asume it beging when the
kernel load the pcm0 driver).

This sound dosn't appear in windows.

when I use "cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0c play 1" I hear the miusic.

Did I make something wrong?

maps