SNMP help

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Thu Oct 30 17:37:21 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 17:59, Ronnie Clark wrote:
> Thanks all for the suggestions. I have the port
> installed, but how do I configure this beast to work
> with OpenView? I have looked at the online docs for
> the port, but it is all jibberish to this newbie.
> Anyone have a simple to follow doc or set of
> guidelines to setup net-snmp to be monitored by
> Openview?

You will need to setup your snmpd.conf file, then make sure the snmpd
daemon starts up.  net-snmp 5.x added the neat snmpconf command that
will walk you through setting up the snmpd.conf file (as well as a few
others).  After that's done, add:

net_snmpd_enable="YES"

to /etc/rc.conf, then run /usr/local/etc/rc.d/snmpd.sh start, and you're
set.

Joe