Mouse

Jonathan Arnold jdarnold at buddydog.org
Thu Oct 30 08:35:06 PST 2003

Alex de Kruijff wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 09:30:30AM +0800, Gil Agno Virtucio wrote:
>
>>and thanks again for reading this email. I had previously written an
>>email to you about my mouse problems. Everytime I try to run KDE, when
>>I move the mouse the cursor moves to the upper right hand corner. I
>>changed the protocol to AUTO in the configuration file as per the
>>suggestions of the people who responded to my email but this did not
>>help. I know that the mouse works(for sure).
>>
>>Could there be anything else that I need to change?
>>
>>The mouse is a PS/2 type. It even works(moves around properly) when
>>I'm in the terminal interface screen.
>>

> This is the way i've set it up:
>
> Relevant /etc/rc.conf:
>
> moused_flags="-a .4" # This allows you to fine tune the mouse
> moused_enable="YES"
> moused_port="/dev/psm0"
> moused_type="auto"

Someone will certainly correct me if I'm wrong, but moused has *nothing*
to do with the mouse in X. moused runs the mouse when you are in text
mode, if you have vidcontrol set to do that. If you never run in text
mode, you can safely remove 'moused' from your rc.conf. And don't bother
fiddling with it to fix an X11 problem.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold at buddydog.org)
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, a FreeBSD blog: