libjavaplugin_oji.so

Jon Mercer jon.mercer at achean.com
Thu Oct 30 05:52:39 PST 2003

It sounds like you are trying to build the native JDK 1.3 from ports. In
order to do that you need to have a JDK already installed to 'bootstrap'
from. The default method as specified in the makefile seems not to be
working.

Given I also had this problem, I found the best way around it was to
install the Linux Blackdown JDK before attempting to install the BSD
native one required for Mozilla.

Once the Linux JDK is installed you can return to the build of the
native JDK and specify WITH_LINUX_BOOTSTRAP=yes.

Once I had done that all worked fine.

Jon

Varshavchick Alexander wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> can anybody please send a file to me or give a link where I can download
> it myself:
> 	jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so
>
> I'm trying to run Mozilla and all worked well except java support, because
> the compiling of jdk13 didn't work due to some weird errors, and ftp/file
> search for this file didn't give positive results either.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> ----
> Alexander Varshavchick, Metrocom Joint Stock Company
> Phone: (812)118-3322, 118-3115(fax)

|         ___                  ___                               |
|        /   |                |  /                               |
|       / /| |                / /                                |
|      / / | |     _____     / /      ____      ____     ___     |
|     / /__| |    / ___ \   / /__    / __ \    / _  |   |  /__   |
|                         www.achean.com                         |
| Jon Mercer                               jon.mercer at achean.com |
| Mobile                                            07973 256496 |
| Tel.                                              0117 9561211 |
| Fax                                               0117 9565637 |