Samba 2.2.8 on FBSD 4.8 [admin users =]

RA Cohen roy2098 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 19:59:01 PDT 2003

A critical functional feature I am missing is the ability to
give a user or group basicall full administrative access to a
particular share.

admin users = user1 @group etc

is supposed to accomplish this. The share is writable has file
mask of 711 which lets each file writer own his/her file
exclusively. Then I need a small group of users to be able to
grab anyone's file and do whatever they need with it... admin
users = is supposed to do the trick at the share level but I
wonder if there is a specific FBSD issue since "This is one of a
tiny handful to situations in which Samba increases access over
that provided by UNIX file permissions" [from Samba Unleashed,
SAMS, 2000]

Any and all help is appreciated since I will have big big
problems if I cannot fix this.

Thanks in advance!