IP Change

Edward Aronyk earonyk at 360integration.com
Tue Oct 14 20:20:16 PDT 2003

Good day all,

I'm somewhat new to FreeBSD, so today when we had to deploy a new server
to the colo running FreeBSD, I ran into problems.

Basically the server has been in the office running for the last few
weeks with a DHCP provided IP - but now that it's getting a static IP
I'm not totally sure what to do. I have all of our in information:

Server IP: x.y.z.48
Subnet: 255.255.255.224
Gateway: x.y.z.33
DNS: a.b.c.24
     a.b.c.160

But I'm not sure exactly what needs to change to make this all work
properly? Specifically, I can't find where to put the gateway
information. I know that on OpenBSD it was placed in /etc/mygate but the
same doesn't seem to be true in FreeBSD? Also, what should my
resolv.conf file look like?

Thanks for the help,
Ed Aronyk