Errors when trying to run Portupgrade

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Sat Oct 4 10:51:50 PDT 2003

I was getting errors finding files in site-ruby when attempting to run
Portupgrade, so I figured my Portupgrade installation might be messed
up.  I did make deinstall for Portupgrade and pkg_deleted portupgrade*
and ruby* (I haven't used ruby for anything else yet).  I even did
"make clean" in a place or two and, since pkg_delete failed to do
this, rm'd -r /usr/local/lib/ruby and /usr/local/share/doc/ruby.

I then reinstalled Portupgrade, which appeared to reinstall Ruby also.
Now, running portupgrade gets me a different error:

** Error occured reading /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:
        undefined method `+' for nil

I note a lot of differences between /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf and
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.sample.

I welcome suggestions on how to get this working, including RTFM-type
pointers to effective sources of documentation.

Please Cc responses to me.

Thanks much.

--
Doug Lee           dgl at dlee.org        http://www.dlee.org