port install to jail root from host system

Felix 'buebo' Kakrow biernot at buebo.de
Sat Oct 4 10:23:22 PDT 2003

Aragon Gouveia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've compiled a port as normal (apache13 in this case).  I'd like to run
> 'make install' now and tell it to install the package to the base of the
> root filesystem of a jail from the jail's host.  Possibly also to skip
> registering it in the host's package database.
>
> Does anyone know an easy way to do this with the ports system?

In this situation I like it to mount the /usr/ports via nullfs in my
Jail Directory and build the Port directly in the Jail. However you'll
have to have a more or less complete system (at least gcc + all needet
build dependencies) in the Jail. As a plus you don't have to worry about
package registrations and stuff like this, but I'm just another newbie
so probally somebody will come up with another and better way ;)

Cheers
Felix