Laptop starts back up on its own

Lucas Holt luke at foolishgames.com
Sat Nov 29 08:23:45 PST 2003

It must be a APM issue.  (power management)

Many computers now have the ability to turn on at a specific time, etc.
  The setting is usually found in the bios.  In some cases, its possible
to control this behavior with software.  Do you have APM enabled in
your kernel?  (i doubt its freebsd though)

For example, I can tell my iMac to turn on M-F at 8:00 AM.  (its really
that specific)   My PC has similar functionality although not as
precise.

Lucas Holt
Luke at FoolishGames.com
FoolishGames.com  (Jewel Fan Site)
JustJournal.com (Free blogging)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)