updating make.conf for buildworld

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Tue Nov 25 15:15:00 PST 2003

doing my first buildworld, I have looked at /usr/src/UPDATING .. Since
this was in install of 4.9-RELEASE I'm guessing I can fly through most
of the stuff related to 'older' versions?  So, now I'm creating
/etc/make.conf and the web pages says "set it to something sensible"..
I'm not sure what is sensible for many of these things.  Some are
obvious.

Since I've installed postfix for my mta, I thought it would be okay to
disable sendmail from the mix..  Otherwise, below are the items I've
uncommented. comments appereciated.  (btw, this machine will be a web
server, running apache and zope )

CPUTYPE=i686
CFLAGS= -O -pipe
BDECFLAGS=      -W -Wall -ansi -pedantic -Wbad-function-cast
-Wcast-align \
                -Wcast-qual -Wchar-subscripts -Winline \
                -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith
\
                -Wredundant-decls -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wwrite-strings
ENABLE_SUID_SSH=        true
NO_BIND=        true    # do not build BIND
NO_FORTRAN=     true    # do not build g77 and related libraries
NO_I4B= true    # do not build isdn4bsd package
NO_SENDMAIL=    true    # do not build sendmail and related programs
NO_X=           true    # do not compile in XWindows support (e.g.
doscmd)
NOGAMES=        true    # do not build games (games/ subdir)
NOPROFILE=      true    # Avoid compiling profiled libraries
NOSHARE=        true    # do not go into the share subdir
NOUUCP= true    # do not build uucp related programs
NO_MAKEDEV=     true
BOOTWAIT=10000
USA_RESIDENT=           YES
DOC_LANG=       en_US.ISO8859-1