Please, it's very important replying my email

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Tue Nov 25 12:16:16 PST 2003

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 02:18 pm, camuflag wrote:
> Honourable Sir,
> My name is Ziad Fazah. Indeed, I have tried to install Freebsd on my PC
> 3 times, but unfortunately, I have had some problems, concerning its
> installation, on account of my Video card which is Ge Force. Thus, I do
> wish amiably, whether you might reply me in order to know , if the main
> reason of its non-installation is linked to my video card Ge Force, or
> not. Besides, Iam running pentium 4.In anyway, I shall be awaiting your
> response as soon as possible, and thanks a lot for your comprehension.

I have systems with a GeForce 2 and a 4. The install doesn't use any of the
advanced modes. When you use x-windows, you have to install the driver for
the version that you have such as GeForce4 MX-440 and etc. I rarely do an
x-window config on the base install. I want the machine running before I
configure x-windows. You never know when you might have to press
<ctl><alt>backspace to kill your x-windows session. I also don't like using
sysinstall to do port installs but when you are starting out, it makes a
successful install more likely.

You can configure x-windows later by running xf86cfg.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA