fsck error messages don't get logged?

Herculano de Lima Einloft Neto hlen at ig.com.br
Sun Nov 23 06:58:05 PST 2003

    Hello all,

    I just had a crash, and upon reboot fsck displayed these gnarly
errors that went by too quick for me to read, my different display
lines settings loading on the console making it worse. So I thought,
allright, just dmesg. Nothing about the errors there. /var/log/messages?
nothing either. Don't these messages get logged anywhere? This is all I
get..

(..)
Nov 23 12:34:29 localhost kernel: Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s4a
Nov 23 12:34:29 localhost kernel: WARNING: / was not properly dismounted
Nov 23 12:34:29 localhost kernel: ipfw2 initialized, divert disabled,
rule-based forwarding enabled, default to deny, logging disabled
(..)

Thanks in advance for any help,
--
Herculano de Lima Einloft Neto