Changes to /etc/login.conf ignored

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Fri Nov 21 09:52:27 PST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:07:22PM +0100, a at jenisch.at wrote:
> Seems like any changes I make to /etc/login.conf get silently ignored.
As I understand it, login.conf is used to set capabilities
on a per user class basis to restrict the environment of classes of
users - ie restricting the ttys users can login on, the max size of core
dump files, maximum memory available to them, max number of processes
allowed and so on.

Perhaps /etc/csh.cshrc would be a better place to do what you're trying
to do or better in a resource file that's read by all shells when a user
logs in (global .profile file?)?

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer