need a HOWTO on upgrading 5.0 to 5.1

Scott Renna srenna at vdbmusic.com
Sun Nov 16 20:34:12 PST 2003

I had posted earlier today and have managed to restore my old system to
its former state.

here's the trouble I had run into when trying to do a sysinstall upgrade
from 5.0 Release to 5.1 Release(i need to do this for bluetooth).

When trying to run a sysinstall upgrade I get kernel panics, yet when
attempting a clean install of 5.1 it goes fine and I can even boot.  Has
anyone seen a good HOWTO on how to upgrade 5.0 to 5.1?

I've read the handbook and a few articles online but I've had zero
luck...it might be due to the fact that I may not have enough space for
5.1 install to save my old files and i'm going to try to expand my
partitions, but I was hoping someone out there had upgraded successfully
before..

anyone?

:)