seperating SQL and application server?

Vahric MUHTARYAN vahric at doruk.net.tr
Sun Nov 16 06:15:35 PST 2003

Could you see any bottleneck on CPU or I/0 at this slow response ?!!
You can see it when you run wmstat for example

freebsd# vmstat 10
 procs      memory      page                    disks     faults
cpu
 r b w     avm    fre  flt  re  pi  po  fr  sr ad0 ac0   in   sy  cs us
sy id
 1 0 0   99428 141268   57   0   0   0  52   0   0   0  335    0 264  0
2 97
 0 0 0   99428 141268    0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0  331    0 250  0
1 99
 0 0 0   99428 141268    0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0  333    0 253  0
2 98

You can watch CPU and Disk Bottlenecek ?!

CPU and RAM is more important for PHP ?!
And if you read too much from the disk I suggest use RAID1 or RAID10

Vahric