cdbakeoven doesn't see atapi burner

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen freebsd.nospam at mekanix.dk
Wed Nov 12 06:22:09 PST 2003

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 14:38, Charles Howse wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an atapi cd burner that cdbakeoven doesn't see when starting.
>
> (output from dmesg)
> acd0: CD-RW <AOPEN CD-RW CRW5224 1.06 20030110> at ata0-slave UDMA33
>
> I know I can use burncd, although I haven't tried it.
> I want to get cdbakeoven working.
> I assume I have to load ATAPI/CAM in the kernel, and let cdbakeoven see my
> burner as a SCSI device...?

Try reading 'man atapicam'. It tells you what needs to be done.

> Could anyone point me to some documentation for cdbakeoven, or help me get
> started?

I've gotten as far as making "camcontrol devlist" show my drives, eg:

<ASUS DVD-ROM E612 l.2B>           at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,cd0)
<LITE-ON LTR-24103S XB03>          at scbus1 target 1 lun 0 (pass1,cd1)

But cdbakeoven doesn't see those drives... so if you get further... please let
me know! ;)

Bjarne