Another Newbie Question: C or C++

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu
Mon Nov 10 15:14:55 PST 2003

> I need to buy a book on C or C++ to help me in FreeBSD.
> Which would be better to buy?

This doesn't answer your C++ part of the question, but you should have
the Kernighan & Ritchie "The C Programming Language" and then
get something like "C A Reference Manual"  (Latest edition is 5th I think)
by Harbison and Steele.    After that you might look at "C Programming FAQs"
by Steve Summit.