onboard sound card problems

Will Yardley you at aredumb.com
Mon Nov 10 12:26:28 PST 2003

Not sure if Mailing.freebsd.questions is still gatewayed here (it's really
low traffic now, so I'm thinking not).... if it still is, sorry for the
repost.

From: Will Yardley <you at aredumb.com>
Subject: Disabling onboard sound card

I have been having some problems since upgrading to 4.9 - earlier I had
problems with the onboard sound card, so I switched to a PCI card which
worked a lot better. Since the upgrade, FreeBSD makes the onboard card
/dev/dsp0 and the PCI card /dev/dsp1. Is there any way to reverse the
two devices? Do I just need to specify the device / IRQ in the kernel
configuration (and if so, what exactly should I put?)

aura% dmesg| grep pcm
pcm0: <CMedia CMI8738> port 0xb800-0xb8ff irq 9 at device 3.0 on pci2
pcm1: <Yamaha DS-1 (YMF724)> mem 0xf1000000-0xf1007fff irq 9 at device
10.0 on pci2
pcm1: <Asahi Kasei AK4540 AC97 Codec>

Is there a quick hack to disable the onboard sound or switch the two
devices?