suggestions on new dvd burner

yussef yussef at claygirl.org
Sun Nov 9 07:37:16 PST 2003

I'm looking to purchase a dvd burner for my desktop [currently running 5.1-release]. My uses for the drive would be copying dvd movies as well as archiving system data. I was looking at the pioneer dvr-106 drive. However, from what ive been reading in forums and mailing lists, it seems like the pioneers dont always play too nicely under fbsd. anyone care to confirm or deny this?
Any recommendations on dual format dvd burners and experienced burning on fbsd is much appreciated.

Thanks
yussef