sftp mount?

Lewis Thompson purple at lewiz.net
Fri Nov 7 06:27:57 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm wondering if there might be any way to mount an sftp ``filesystem''?
At my university everything is firewalled and the only way I can
transfer files to/from my account is to use sftp -- but that gets quite
painful after a while.

  I was wondering if anybody knew a way I might achieve what could
essentially be described as mounting an sftp ``export''?  Maybe I could
specify an argument that sets the logical root?

  So:

mount_sftp --root=/home/lewiz foo.bar.com /remote_home

would provide /home/lewiz on foo.bar.com at /remote_host?  Is this
possible in any way at all?  Or can anybody suggest any other way I
might achieve something similar?  Bear in mind I am actually restricted
to sftp/ssh.

  Thanks very much!

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-