4.9-RELEASE jails and named

Lewis Thompson purple at lewiz.net
Thu Nov 6 17:06:25 PST 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 06:46:51PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> At least pings from the outside world can get to the host server....
> but once at the host server, how do I get that traffic routed to the
> correct jail/website (local IP address)?

By the sounds of it you have one external IP address but three jails
(each running on a 192.168.x.x address).  If you want to be able to
forward requests for different domains to internal jails based on the
hostname, this is not possible.

  The only way to do this is (that I know of) is to use a single Apache
server with Virtual hosts.  Otherwise, you will need to obtain at least
two more external IP addresses.  Of course, you could also run the web
servers on different ports...

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple at lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz at jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-