TX Threshold & TX Underrun ???

Barry Byrne barry.byrne at wbtsystems.com
Thu Nov 6 03:29:22 PST 2003

man 4 dc

     dc%d: TX underrun -- increasing TX threshold  The device generated a
     transmit underrun error while attempting to DMA and transmit a packet.
     This happens if the host is not able to DMA the packet data into the
     NIC's FIFO fast enough.  The driver will dynamically increase the
trans-
     mit start threshold so that more data must be DMAed into the FIFO
before
     the NIC will start transmitting it onto the wire.

Don't think you should be too concerned about this.

 - Barry