General DDOS curiousity

Todd Zimmermann t.zim at att.net
Thu May 29 18:57:18 PDT 2003

This isn't so much a question as a curiosity I noticed tonight.

I have a dialup account with att.net & get a dynamic ip in the 12.93
block.  While logging in tonight and initializing ipfilter, I noticed 7
blocked input packets right away.  No big deal, but I checked my log.
Each packet was from a diff ip, but all to port 41170 UDP...

Now I'm up to 501 blocked packets, unique ips but same port.  I've
logged into scans before, but nothing like this.

Anyone else on att notice this or any comments?

523 blocked...