xmms fails occasionally

Francesco Casadei fcasadei at inwind.it
Sat May 24 11:01:12 PDT 2003

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 10:10:53AM -0700, Aaron Peterson wrote:
> dunno why.  it will finish playing a song occasionally, then beep and
> pop up an error message that says it couldn't find the appropriate
> plugin or the device is busy (audio device i assume).  I'm not running
> any other a/v applications to take over the device besides KDE.  what
> might possibly cause this phenomena?
>
> aaron
> --

> end of the original message

I have the same problem you described if xmms' output plugin is esound instead
of oss. Choose OSS Driver in the 'Audio I/O Plugins' tab in the preferences
window. You may also want to compile xmms without esound (i.e. gnome) support

	Francesco Casadei
--
You can download my public key from http://digilander.libero.it/fcasadei/
or retrieve it from a keyserver (pgpkeys.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net, ...)

Key fingerprint is: 1671 9A23 ACB4 520A E7EE  00B0 7EC3 375F 164E B17B