libintl.so.2 problems (REPOST: wrong subject and recipient)

Ralph Dratman ralph at maxsoft.com
Wed May 21 20:36:20 PDT 2003

Dan,

Your basic idea (fiddle with the source) worked, and now wget is working!

I really hadn't thought of changing any source code, because I don't
know much about FreeBSD internals. Well, nothing, you might say. But
I guess in the case of getting ports to build, it's really not such a
big deal. I only had to modify the wget source, no libraries, thank
goodness.

In this case I went back to the 4.2 distribution and loaded up the
old wget port that came with it. Even that version wouldn't build
(something updated later out of sync, no doubt).

But the link message, which was unrelated to the earlier libintl
problem, was quite clear, and I just needed to eliminate a few lines
of code that, fortunately, were noted in the comments as inessential.

And yes, I tried ldd. Most informative. (I could no doubt spend the
rest of my life learning this stuff.)

Thank you very much for your help.

Any advice on getting a live server, now running 4.2, up to 4.7 or 4.8?

Regards,

Ralph