Commit but not necessarily as official commiter

Jim Mock mij at soupnazi.org
Tue May 20 23:39:24 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 02:19  PM, fdcf wrote:
> Hi people, i'm right now with no special projects in my hands, so i
> would like to contribute for the OS i most use, and i most like,
> FreeBSD ... i would like to commite for the project (not necessarily
> as official commiter, i would love, but i think it is to early to talk
> about it). So the point of this mail is to know in what areas i should
> insist and help ?! Some time ago i start to make some documentation
> about FreeBSD but i never end it, and i think i would end it now, and
> what another areas i coul help?

You can't commit anything without being a committer, unless you're
talking about committing time to it, which is something completely
different :-)

If you want to get involved with documentation, subscribe to the doc
list and look through the PRs that have been submitted.  Test them out,
etc., and post followups to the PRs saying the patches either apply or
don't, etc.  You can do the same with ports.  For other stuff,
subscribe to the current and hackers list and ask there.

- jim

--
- jim mock  mij@{soupnazi|opendarwin}.org  jim@{bsdnews|FreeBSD}.org -
- editor in chief, BSD News: http://bsdnews.org  http://soupnazi.org -