Need help with the sound card!!

Aaron Peterson aaron at alpete.com
Tue May 20 14:32:44 PDT 2003

i have my sound card working, but need to learn about module management
for freebsd still.  i'm very hazy :)...  So you are saying that for all
the sound card support there is a module already built that you can
load/unload with kldload, and you only need to add "device pcm" (for
example) to your kernel config and recompile/reinstall if you want it to
be a static part of the kernel?  are all device drivers handled likewise?